Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you’ll do:
- Assist Tooling Engineers in mold design reviews ensuring plant requirements are met and represented in tooling designs
- Assist Tooling Engineers in preparing buyoff packages to ensure successful homeline runoff in plant
- Work with tooling engineers and mold maker support to make changes to tooling to meet quality, and productivity related targets
- Lead homeline runoff activity from first mold set through PPAP working closely with production, T&D, tool source shops, and Tooling Engineers
- Work closely with General Assembly teams to ensure downstream quality needs are met
- Prepare control plans, PFMEAS, work instructions, and setup sheets to support production for Job 1 activity
- Work closely with Production Control, Quality, Plastics Production, and downstream customers to ensure all Rivian Quality and productivity targets are met
- Ability to forecast future plant activity including press load, space requirements, outsourcing plans, and equipment requirements / upgrades
- Assist with process layout for sub assembly process including clips, screws, and harnesses
- Lead team of 2-3 process engineers and process technicians in injection molding and sub assembly providing supervision and setting goals / targets
This is what you’ll need:
- Knowledge of automotive design and development process
- Strong process skills are a must
- Strong excel skills are a must
- Experience with CAD, Catia, Enovia, SMIRT, Argus, Polyworks, JIRA are a plus
- Individual must be organized
- This is someone who is comfortable on the shop floor as the role will have substantial follow through on the plant floor
- Degree in Engineering or related field or 9+ years’ experience preferred in Plastics injection molding
- Strong Leadership skills
- Experience with new model launch
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.