Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This role will be responsible for sourcing and purchasing battery cells and raw materials for use across different Rivian products, with responsibilities including:
- Lead RFI/ RFQ/ RFP and strategic sourcing process
- Develop sourcing strategies by analyzing the supply base, market conditions, and technology roadmaps
- Lead contractual negotiations with suppliers on NDA’s, General Terms & Conditions and Production Supply Agreements
- Identify potential suppliers, analyze capabilities and develop a sourcing strategy and roadmap for Rivian stakeholders
- Perform detailed analysis of quote submissions based on cost breakdown form data
- Drive and implement cost reductions on prototype and production vehicles through leveraged negotiations to achieve vehicle cost targets
- Manage supplier relationships and performance through key performance metrics
- Work closely alongside cell manufacturing engineering to understand and support their requirements. Review Engineering, Design & Development (ED&D) costs with Engineering leads to ensure best-in-class cost is attained
- Work closely alongside Program Management to support prototype requirements, execute against build milestones and track sourcing progress
- Support Supplier Quality plant audits and technical reviews
- Develop should-cost models and industry analysis of various battery cells materials
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or Engineering; MS, MBA or PhD preferred
- Good technical understanding and industry knowledge of battery materials such as Lithium Carbonate, Lithium Hydroxide, Cathode active material (CAM) or Pre-cursor for cathode active material (PCAM)
- 10+ years of strategic sourcing, procurement, purchasing, business development, sales or consulting experience
- 7+ years’ experience leading commodity/supplier negotiations and contracts
- Effective negotiation experience specific to automotive and/or battery technology
- 10+ years MS Office
- MBA or master’s degree in related field
- 13+ years of procurement, purchasing, buying experience in the automotive industry
- Strong analytical ability to break down complex problems and data sets to derive meaningful, actionable results
- Comfort in working independently and in teams in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand Engineering and Design direction and provide focused supply-chain solutions accordingly
- Experience with automotive, electronic, or consumer products, and the design and manufacture thereof
Location: Palo Alto, CA or Irvine, CA, or Charlotte, NC
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.