Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Lead electrical and control system architecture of the HV Energy Storage System (ESS)
- Lead delivery of HV battery controls system engineering deliverables for ESS Systems and Architecture Cylindrical Platform Team:
- Responsible for decomposition of battery control systems architectural design and derivation of sub-system requirements & verification test definition
- Lead the platform team responsible for battery product architecture development including fusing, HV switchgear, HV Electrical Safety, and overcurrent protection.
- Lead the platform team development of functional safety-specific system level features and functions in accordance with ISO26262
- Lead the platform team in decomposition of Software and Hardware detailed requirements including SWSR and HWSR for FuSa in accordance with ISO26262
- Lead the platform team in aligning battery control system algorithm features with the specific needs of the program
- Lead the platform team in development of standards for verification and validations of battery control systems in collaboration with BMS SW and ESS Test and Validation Teams
- Communicate and drive cross functional development of control requirements with Rivian Vehicle Features, Propulsion, Thermal, and Energy Management Teams
- Communicate with other engineers to update/modify documentation to maintain accurate representation of deliverables; Use tracking tools such as Confluence and JIRA to capture changes
- Consolidate and manage the Cylindrical platform battery control system requirements, architectures, and technology
- Work in conjunction with expert SMEs to support and drive program team execution:
- Interface with Core Team and Cylindrical Pack Platform battery systems SMEs to support requirements development and issue resolution.
- Tailor and align Core Team electrical and control systems technology and requirements for use across Cylindrical Pack platforms.
- Quickly transition to a variety of engineering discipline work, from high-level cross sub-system projects to specific component focus, depending on need of the team and stage of development/ production
- Coordinate delivery of electrical and control system requirements in compliance with HV Safety design principles for the ESS
- Responsible for creation of end of line requirements that validate the Battery System design in a production setting
- Work with engineers across multiple disciplines to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks:
- Must be able to adapt and work within dynamic development timelines, with accelerated hardware production timelines, and software release cadence
- Detailed understanding of software interaction between the battery management system & the rest of vehicle; familiar with battery measurement and controls architecture
- Previous experience with cross functional FTA, DFMEA and management of design review and release processes.
- 8+ years of work experience in Battery and/or Automotive industries
- At least a bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline
- Expert knowledge of battery behavior and High Voltage Safety
- Expert Knowledge of battery sensing technology and battery management architectural design
- Previous experience in automotive product development environments
- Previous experience launching large volume automotive electronics systems
- Creating the requirements from the ground up, using engineering analysis
- Excellent problem-solving skills; reliant on core engineering principles and common sense
- Strong communication, multitasking, and interpersonal skills, both in presentation and technical writing
- Versed with automated requirements management tools (e.g. JAMA, Doors, etc.)
- Issue tracking tools (Jira, Bugzilla, etc.)
- Previous experience with design according to ISO 26262 with focus on functional safety
- Previous experience with product launches and production schedules
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.