Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Lead requirement development and analysis of Battery Control System (BCS) features for different vehicle programs and HV battery variants, including system requirements, functional diagrams, high level hardware and software requirements and architecture, interface with other system/sub-system.
- Conduct functional safety development and analysis of safety specific BCS features to comply with ISO-26262 standard and other automotive safety standards.
- Lead system level validation specification development (including functional safety); Work together with BMS software engineers, electrical engineers and mechanical engineers on software/hardware/component level validation specification development.
- Communicate and drive cross functional development of BCS related control requirements with vehicle attribute, propulsion, thermal, and energy management teams.
- Create/update/modify/manage documentation to maintain accurate engineering work products; work with related engineers to review/approve/validate/release the deliverables and changes following Rivian engineering process and toolchains.
- 4+ years of work experience in HV Battery and/or EV powertrain system
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline
- Solid knowledge of battery behavior, battery safety and battery control
- Previous experience with BMS systems design
- Previous hands-on experience with design according to ISO 26262, especially part 4/5/6
- Experience with system requirement development from the ground up, using systematic engineering analysis
- Detailed understanding of interaction between BCS and the rest of vehicle; familiar with battery sensing, controls and diagnostic
- Versed with automated requirements management tools (e.g. JAMA, Doors, etc.) and issue tracking tools (Jira, Bugzilla, etc.
- Display aptitude with a variety of engineering tools such as CAN loggers, software debuggers, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, and HV test equipment
- Excellent problem-solving skills; Strong communication, multitasking, interpersonal skills, presentation and technical writing
- Previous experience in automotive product development environments, familiar with development process, product launches and production schedules
- Understanding of battery cell electrochemical performance and cell safety consideration; experience of cell and battery state estimation with detailed understanding of how it affect powertrain and vehicle performance
- Experience in BMS HW design or embedded software design; knowledge of embedded system software architecture (e.g. AutoSAR);
- Capable of electrical analysis using circuit design and simulation tools (e.g. Pspice, SimScape, etc.)
- Previous experience with DFMEA and FTA for system/HW/SW
- Experience with model-based design to create control systems and simulation models with MATLAB/Simulink
- Experience with C-programming on embedded systems, proficient skills in Python to support data analysis
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.