Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Join a team developing the next generation body, chassis & drive unit structural components for Rivian, working on equipment and process technologies needed for launching & producing large machining center.
- Define and execute on strategic milestones for implementing and scaling world class manufacturing equipment focused on high speed and high accuracy machining.
- Execute on product and process validation path to achieve world class manufacturing objectives.
- Define and deliver prototype machining facility.
- Define and deliver multiple production facilities.
- Work with design engineers across multiple disciplines to influence product design with an eye towards advanced manufacturing and end user improvement.
- Provide in depth design for manufacture (DFM) feedback to the Product Engineering team to ensure that our assembly processes are cost efficient, robust and deliver high quality results
- Work on a multitude of technologies concurrently to continually assess mass production viability.
- Work with external and internal equipment suppliers to deliver manufacturing line(s).
- Define production support requirements and help build local operations teams for continued program success by providing technical expertise and supporting training, documentation and trouble shooting.
- Generate process, equipment and automation standards for immediate and future applications
- Ensure equipment and process compliance with applicable standards, policies, acts, regulations and codes
- Assess vendor capabilities and make sourcing recommendations based on data
- Solve technically complex problems using fundamental, data driven methodologies
- Lead research and development activities for new manufacturing technologies that address assembly and automation challenges
- Lead feasibility studies to aid validation of manufacturing strategies
- Identify and drive corrective actions for process quality and performance issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or similar technical field and/or similar work experience
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing engineering, including Machining.
- Experience designing automation & processes for CNC and manual machines
- Experience with 2D & 3D software (AutoCAD, Solidworks, and Catia)
- Able to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines of multiple simultaneous projects and challenges
- Demonstrated success at planning for and project managing equipment or facility installations
- Experience scaling impact and production across all phases of projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge in high and low volume manufacturing (proto-typing, OEE, equipment selection, DFM, 8D, CAD)
- Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally as required
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.