Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Information Technology org at Rivian is seeking a Staff. Data Engineer, Visualization to join the Data Services team who can work with other technical resources on cross-functional team and align with business on requirements and implement scalable solutions.
In this role you will work with Logistics, Supply Chain, Finance, Engineering and Manufacturing teams, Product Management, and Technology Partners to leverage best practices and reference architectures enabling advanced analytics throughout the company.
- Design and develop secure, scalable, high-performance, and reliable (cost effective) big data and analytics solutions that enable tableau dashboards and reports for cross-functional teams and executives.
- Use Data & Analytics to answer business questions that lead to insights and actionable outcomes.
- Perform deep data investigation to project the trends in business, using data visualization tools like Tableau.
- Comfortably present and acquire consensus using multiple methods written, meetings, presentations etc to both technical and business audiences
- Working with multiple business organizations to understand their needs, pain points, KPI to measure business and create data solutions for each of them. Guiding and training these business teams on the best practices for building tableau dashboards.
- Manage Tableau Server performance, user security, scalability, and content governance.
- Lead all Tableau administration tasks related to user access, licensing, extract scheduling, extract issue resolution, and server performance optimization. Train end-users and document best practices for dashboard design, analytic methods, and development techniques.
- Perform Tableau maintenance tasks including upgrades, backups, beta testing, and licensing.
- Maintain regular communication with all creator users regarding best practices, server policies and procedures, and scheduled maintenance.
- Assist creator users with developing requirements, visualizations and workbooks based on best methods for analytics reporting, report optimization, and access to data sources.
- Coordinate with Tableau creator users to implement best practices for deployment of workbooks between environments while ensure data governance is maintained.
- Monitor server health and ensure server is running within prescribed SLAs for performance, downtime, and error resolution and as needed, evaluate software products for analytical needs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to break down complex technical problems into simple elegant solutions understandable by non-technical business partners.
- BS in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Data Science, Data Analytics, or related fields.
- Strong background in data wrangling, data analysis, trend and root cause identification, statistical analysis, and data visualization.
- Knowledge of Tableau APIs in support of developing administration related tools and operations.
- 10-15 years of hands-on experience creating complex dashboards and data stories using Tableau. “Expert” level in Tableau development & Tableau server administration (Tableau certification is a plus).
- Excellent SQL skills across complex data sets a plus.
- Strong understanding of Tableau Prep, Python, and Alteryx.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.