Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As a member of Rivian’s Vehicle Line team, you will be an intrinsic part of shaping new and exciting products - guiding their development from concept to volume production. We lead cross-functional partners across the business - through product scoping and definition, Studio and Engineering development and into the factory. The Vehicle Line team is a place to be innovative and creative, to zoom out and to inspire others on the journey to a world class product.
This is what you’ll do:
- Head up the development and maintenance of the product definition and timing - working within a matrix organization to identify and close any gaps, guiding the development of change proposals and supporting their implementation
- Head up issue management on the program - direct issue management reviews, ensuring issue resolution is progressing to plan, get stuck in where it is not, and helping the team to find their way through
- Support the Vehicle Line Director in the wide range of challenges that the Vehicle Line Team tackle every day
- Exhibit “Rivian Compass” in everything you do
This is what you’ll need:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years experience in product development or project management
- Vehicle or consumer product launch experience within a manufacturing environment
- Sufficient understanding of technical and financial concepts to run design reviews
- An eagerness to work cross-functionally in a dynamic, high pressure environment
- First-class communication skills, including the ability to communicate detailed information to a wide range of audiences across multiple sites & time zones
- Excellent time management skills
- Comfort pivoting quickly as needed
- Flexibility to travel to launch locations for extended periods as necessary
- Experience within a volume production environment
- Experience within a concept development and/or start-up environment
- Previous cross-functional leadership experience
- Masters degree
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Vehicle Line
Location: Irvine, California
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.