Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
In this role, you’ll design the electrical hardware for automated test equipment (ATE) that tests and validates low-voltage electrical hardware. You’ll be working with our adventurous team of automation engineers on our cutting-edge end-to-end automated test systems for automotive electronics modules (or ECUs). This will be ranging from level 3+ ADAS and infotainment to the latest battery management and vehicle control systems!
· Design modular and reusable hardware systems for test automation
· Work with cross-functional engineering groups to define test requirements and system definitions from schematics and block diagrams
· Design custom test PCBAs to interface with automotive ECUs
· Design rack-based test systems that integrate PCBAs and off-the-shelf equipment to create modular test solutions for the latest automotive technologies
· Create well documented diagrams, bills of materials, and standard operating procedures for test automation systems
· Collaborate with internal teams during purchasing, station build, integration and final commissioning
· Work with vendors to communicate requirements and ensure proper implementation
· BS/MS or equivalent work experience in Electrical Engineering or related fields
· 5+ years of relevant working experience designing modular electrical hardware for test automation systems that range from R&D to high-volume manufacturing
· Ability to read electrical circuits and schematics, navigating PCB layouts and understand manufacturer’s product data sheets
· Experience working in the automotive, semiconductor, or aerospace industries
· Familiarity with vehicle communication protocols (CAN, CANFD, DoIP, Automotive Ethernet, LIN, etc.)
· Experience with industrial buses and protocols (USB, VISA, GPIB, Ethernet, Serial, RS-485, SPI, I2C etc)
· Experience supporting deployment automated test equipment in manufacturing environments
· Hands-on hardware integration experience with automated test equipment
· Experience with automation instrumentation such as programmable power supplies, multiplexers, DMMs, signal analyzers, signal generators, multifunction devices (digital and analog)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.