Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian’s Digital Technology Team is responsible for the end-to-end implementation of the digital experience outside the vehicle (e.g. vehicle configurator, payment gateway, vehicle delivery management, service scheduling) across web, mobile app and in-store. To that end, we are developing a world-class commerce platform that will make learning about and purchasing electric adventure vehicles intuitive, seamless and fun.
This is what you’ll do:
- Create client-side applications along the customer journey that range from buying merch from store, configuring their vehicles to scheduling their service
- Contribute to shared libraries and shared components that allow strong re-use of your work across teams.
- Build Backend Services and API gateways that power our digital experiences.
- Collaborate with UX/UI designers and product designers to build user-friendly, immersive, reactive applications
- Develop state of the art code with a keen eye on profiling, browser memory usage, load time of the apps
- Consistently write useful tests for all code developed, ensuring a high-quality bar is maintained
- Review Engineering Designs and Specifications and provide high quality feedback.
- Provide feedback on Code Reviews for other engineers on the team and other teams throughout the organization.
- Work collaboratively with many other teams to deliver highly integrated solutions for our employees, customers, and partners.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience, with 2+ years of building enterprise applications preferred
- Dedicated to High Quality: unit testing, integration testing, code coverage, etc.
- Experience developing API’s with the care that they deserve – REST with OpenApi/Swagger
- Experience and familiarity with cloud native architecture, development, and deployment practices
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technology field
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.