Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Fabricate special test equipment electronic test boxes and harnesses.
- Design and fabricate simple mechanical fixtures and jigs.
- Functional acceptance testing of circuit board assemblies and power electronic units following defined test procedures.
- Support development and validation testing of high voltage automotive power electronic components.
- Troubleshoot, root cause and document electronic assembly issues.
- Perform printed circuit board assembly modifications such as component rework, soldering/de-soldering of electronic components, etc.
- Understand how to read electrical schematics and use manufacturers’ product data sheets.
- Procure necessary tools, equipment and components for prototype builds.
- Setup and utilize standard test equipment such as oscilloscopes, power analyzers, power supplies and digital multimeters with no direction.
- Use instrumentation such as thermocouples, RTDs, strain gauges, accelerometers, pressure gauges, and flow meters.
- Use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Maintain good housekeeping and safe practices.
- Technical degree in electronics preferred.
- 5+ years of experience fabricating special test equipment for low/high voltage power electronics.
- 5+ years of experience with soldering, handling lab equipment & board re-work.
- Read electrical schematics and use manufacturers’ product data sheets.
- Build electrical test boxes and harnesses from schematics
- A strong understanding and experience in prototype and fabrication shop processes
- Able to solder/desolder at a component level skill.
- Experience using hand and power tools.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work with teams to support and/or lead engineering projects.
- Work in a fast-paced development environment.
- Willing to work flexible hours and passionate about getting jobs done.
- Hands-on approach: Proactively identifies and fills in gaps where needed.
- High Level of understanding and experience with High Voltage and safety awareness
- Safety is priority one.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.