Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Infotainment/Camera Imaging and Computer Vision team delivers imaging technology and features underlying Rivian’s adventure user experiences and services. This multi-disciplinary team brings expertise in cameras, algorithms, performance software on state-of-the art compute platforms, and validation to the actual product. As a Senior Computer Vision engineer you will research and develop computer vision algorithms for vehicle security, and collaborate with other domain experts to bring our innovations from concept to product.
- Manage data collection, training and validation for deep learning-based approaches.
- Collaborate with image testing engineers to optimize algorithm performance across a wide range of environmental conditions.
- Employ analytic computer vision methods when required.
- Collaborate with platform software engineers to co-optimize algorithms and software implementation on SoC.
- Masters in Computer Science/EE with relevant emphasis in computer vision or machine learning.
- 5 years relevant hands-on experience including one R&D development cycle transferring algorithm results to a platform.
- Solid understanding of machine learning, frameworks, and neural network architectures.
- Understanding of analytic computer vision methods.
- Fluent programming in MATLAB/Python and C/C++.
- Familiarity with compute engines and tools for computer vision, ML/AI.
- Familiarity with dependencies between performance of vision algorithms and image processors.
- Good written communication and presentation skills.
- PhD in Computer Science/EE with relevant emphasis in computer vision or machine learning.
- Track record of innovative thinking as evidenced by patents and peer-reviewed publications.
- Experience with image processing systems including multi-camera systems and low-light/IR camera systems.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.