Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Work closely with other development and cross-functional team members such as Connected Car, Infotainment, Common Software, and Powertrain teams to develop and ensure that the overall architecture across the full stack is coherent, scalable, and solving relevant problems
- Work closely with self-driving team to define the system-level architecture and strategies for implementation
- Provide Technical Leadership for large projects with complex architecture to develop modular software component and define interfaces so that it can be utilized effectively by engineering team
- Provide solutions and software deliverables to support hardware bring-up, verification for automotive products
- Design, develop and deploy multi-threaded embedded software for application and platform systems for Rivian Automotive’s Self-Driving products on Real-Time OS
- Develop Socket applications making using of networking protocols such as TCP, UDP, IP, DHCP, and HTTP
- Assist in software-design and code reviews while assisting other developers on technical issues, design choices and decision making
- Design and implement software in an embedded environment
- Analysis of requirements, the architecture, design, development, code review, quality assurance and deployment of entire software engineering life cycle
- Mentor senior and staff engineers and engineering managers
- Maintain alignment between senior leadership and engineering teams through effective executive communication
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Strong C/C++ programming skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Good team player with great communication skills
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from R&D phase to a product
- Embedded software development and optimization
- Experience in automotive applications
- Multi-threaded and multi-core programming
- Real Time Operating Systems (for example QNX)
- Safety critical systems (ISO 26262)
- Software development for systems with live sensor inputs
- High performance processors and platforms such as ARM, ATOM, DSP, FPGA, GPU
- Software development on microcontrollers
- SIL/HIL testing
- Scripting languages (for example PERL, Python)
- Software security
- Experience with CAN, Ethernet
- Software Development life cycle experience, from requirements gathering through to implementation and maintenance
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.