Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Lead a Full Stack team of exceptional engineers to build well-designed customer applications, operational tools, and scalable microservices
- Work with Product Managers and Tech Leads to understand, define, and communicate requirements and architect solutions
- Collaborate with teams across Rivian to deliver unified and highly integrated products
- Establish and lead technology decisions and development implementations by partnering with product, programs, development, architecture teams and business partners
- Ensure project deadlines are met for product launches, feature upgrades, and maintenance phases
- Ensure the software development practices, coding rules, reviews, test and release methodology and as well as quality and performance of product features to specifications
- Define key metrics and KPIs and implement them to ensure maximum productivity, quality, visibility and predictability for the organization
- Communicate and support effectively with the various internal teams on dependencies and schedule
- Hire, ramp up, manage and maintain highly performing engineering team and culture
- Organize, attend and participate in scrums and stakeholder meetings
- Develop and be accountable for critical vendor partnerships needed for success
- Minimum of a combined 10 years of experience as a software engineer and manager with large scale consumer e-commerce experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience managing teams of six or more
- Must possess strong experience in building event-driven systems, cloud native, distributed, and scalable microservices
- Knowledge of modern Web Development design principles, technologies, and operating environments
- Strong system design and architecture skills
- Experience working in a fast paced, agile work environment
- Experience working with business stakeholders and/or external vendors
- Passionate about fostering a culture of teamwork and collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and think creatively
- Demonstrated ability to hire and retain top engineering talent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic mindset with ability to think far enough into the future while ensuring near term execution and providing a clear path into the future vision
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.