Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
· Join a team developing the next generation of battery cells for Rivian!
· Build a battery data analytics platform for deploying state-of-the art analytics and machine learning models
· Define R&D and manufacturing data pipelines with terabytes of data plus warehousing architectures for high-volume battery production
· Develop capabilities to perform ETL and analysis on large data streams from a wide array of sources such as MES, PLCs, instrument backends, databases and filesystems
· Develop data processing, management and visualization tools to support cell manufacturing
· Collaborate with equipment engineers, lab managers, data scientists and others on various teams from Manufacturing, Digital Manufacturing, Automation Controls, IT, MES, and Operations to deliver optimum cell software ecosystem solutions
· Be a key stakeholder in decision making for developing scalable software and data architectural solutions from R&D level through mass production scale-up
· Work with external vendors and internal teams to deliver software, enabling process development and manufacturing
· Drive system integration, metric development, ad-hoc analytics, and product traceability efforts
· Bachelors/Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Materials Science or similar technical field. Deep background in manufacturing software or similar technical skillsets that relate to data engineering and analytics is desirable.
· 5+ years of experience developing software or data products in a battery cell manufacturing, semiconductor or closely related high-volume manufacturing environment
· Strong drive and demonstrable experience in improving the process efficiency of battery cell manufacturing and accelerating learning cycles for the development of new battery products with sustainable software solutions
· Strong cloud-based development experience in AWS
· Experience in databases (SQL, noSQL, MongoDB etc.), API, ETL, image filestore design and implementation, Spark etc.
· Experience in software development in Python, and its major numerical and analytics libraries
· Experience in interfacing with common manufacturing software tools (such as MES, SPC, LIMS etc.), and related analytics software package (such as JMP)
· Experience working with various data types (e.g., sparse, time-series, image, etc.) is critical
· Experience with Kubernetes, EMR, or cluster computing/management is preferred
· Highly data driven; familiar with statistical software and approaches to provide data to make informed decisions
· Ability to follow through and make significant progress in a fast pace, demanding, dynamic environment
· Critical problem-solving skills: ability to ask the right people, the right questions at the right time in the right way
· Detail oriented: ability to become subject matter expert in order to make informed decisions
· Curiosity: demonstrate level of interest that enables inventiveness
· Execution: demonstrate that follow through is given as much attention as problem solving
· Capable of working as a member of a team across several cross functional disciplines, including product design, quality, construction, production, supply chain, controls, external vendors etc.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.