Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Advanced Concept team’s role within Rivian is to support future vehicle architecture and system concept definition. Our team works in the pre-programme and early programme phases, collaborating with Packaging, Design, and other vehicle commodity groups to identify and implement technical roadmaps. Additionally, collaboration with Product Strategy and Finance teams may be required to align all programme requirements.
The Advanced Concept team engage with engineers and designers, across a broad spectrum of vehicle disciplines, creating and supporting maturation of technical proposals to ensure the Company’s next generation of products deliver a great customer experience and demonstrate technical leadership.
- Working within the Advanced Concept team. You will be responsible for the conceptual design of new vehicle systems.
- Working with the company’s 3D CAD system (Catia V6), you will generate design schemes and drawings to enable new concepts to be effectively communicated to team members and Directors.
- Support concept design meetings (formal or ad-hoc), with design proposals and ideas.
- Share ideas and support all levels of design and development progression, at all stages of the design and development process.
- The advanced concept designer for your functional area. You may from time to time be required to work on different vehicle system areas.
- Generating initial design, layout and geometry creation of advanced engineering components at vehicle system level.
- Working collaboratively on the development of advanced concept design content including interfacing with the engineering, packaging, studio design, advanced manufacturing and customer experience teams
- Supporting the company’s design and development process to ensure correct integration of new concepts, through to production realization.
- Supporting early supplier discussions, ensuring correct engagement for feasibility and programme delivery.
- Supporting the development of best practice design and acting as an agent for good, efficient, fundamental engineering design of vehicle parts and systems.
- At least a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- An understanding of the automotive design and development process.
- An understanding of vehicle component and system requirements, together with the package, function, and customer experience involved with these systems.
- CAD design experience for specific vehicle systems. Catia experience (V5 or V6) is required.
- The ability to work cross-functionally in a dynamic environment where you are part of a team.
- A flexible approach to design work content, to support the changing needs of vehicle concept evolution.
- The ability to think “outside of the box”.
- A brave approach to concept design solutions.
- A desire and curiosity to strive for continuous improvement.
- A commitment to add value to a team of likeminded engineers and designers.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.