Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you’ll do:
- The Engineering Manager is a technical leader in their field and is the ‘go-to’ person within Rivian for their program.
- Build, lead, and develop a world class team of engineers to deliver Body Exterior to a specific Rivian vehicle platform
- The scope of the role covers all project milestones from program kick off to stable production.
- The candidate will work within a matrix organization while delivering towards project-based goals set by the Management Team.
- Work with existing SMEs, Engineering Managers and Core Engineering teams to ensure lessons learned from other programs are applied to your program and vice versa.
- Adopt a Systems Engineering approach for Exteriors (DFMEA, Requirements, DVP) to deliver world class execution of designs.
- Develop robust DVP system for system sign off including leading any proof-of-concept testing prior to tooling kick off.
- Ensure component development is in line with program gateway targets, including management of quality, timing, piece cost, investment, ED&D, and mass.
This is what you’ll need:
- A detailed knowledge of an automotive design and development process, system requirements, and general engineering best practices
- Over 5 years progressive experience including leading a team of engineers to deliver a vehicle program with specific experience in Exterior Systems
- A deep understanding of your commodity and the trade-offs among design, package, function, manufacturing and customer experience involved with these systems
- A strong understanding of the Engineering first-principles for Exterior – the loads, forces, overall function of the system and key attributes including knowledge of Body Engineering Simulation and Analysis tools
- An eagerness to work cross-functionally in a dynamic environment where you are part of a team –this means active brainstorming, working on components that are not part of your commodity and collaborating to deliver an exceptional product
- Possess a detailed understanding of the manufacturing materials and processes utilized to produce your components
- Sound commercial and financial awareness
- CATIA V6, PC literate and proficient with the use of MS Office products
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.