Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We are seeking a Technical Program Manager to join our self-driving group and support our perception team. You will work with highly talented leadership and engineers to manage the team’s scope, schedule, and dependencies. The right candidate will be an excellent communicator with proven industry experience working with engineering teams to successfully deliver complex software projects on time. Experience with computer vision, 3D reconstruction, sensor fusion, and localization projects is a plus.
- Manage milestones and delivery schedules for multiple programs and features.
- Support creation and execution of work streams for Agile SW development teams based on program needs.
- Plan strategies for proposing and developing new features on future programs.
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders such as embedded platform, hardware, systems, simulation, test, and other teams to identify dependencies and effectively remove bottlenecks.
- Hold engineers and stakeholders accountable.
- Lead technical meetings with suppliers and document minutes and actions.
- Anticipate and identify risks early and develop actionable mitigation strategies that sets the team up for success.
- Develop plans to track, contain, and resolve issues as they arise.
- Prioritize tasks and reframe problems to meet deadlines.
- Expertly manage stakeholder expectations for technical and non-technical issues.
- Support team growth and ensure resources such as vehicles and hardware are available.
- Make sure processes are in place to measure KPIs and verify algorithm performance.
- Ensure team IP is properly protected.
- BS or MS in Software Engineering, Electrical engineering, Aerospace Engineer, Business Management, Technical Management, or another related field.
- 3+ years of proven industry experience in successfully managing strong technical software or engineering programs.
- Proven experience with taking algorithms and concepts to production on schedule.
- Experienced with agile processes and running scrum meetings.
- Excellent communication, organization, collaboration, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with various sensors including LiDAR, camera, radar, GNSS, and inertial sensors.
- Knowledge of technical advancements in the industry including machine learning, computer vision algorithms, precision localization, sensor fusion, multi-object detection, tracking, and classification.
- Experience in rapidly growing businesses that have expanded globally.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, MS Project.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.