Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Design and release HVAC products. including HVAC assemblies, heat exchangers, blower motors, actuators, temperature sensors, electronic expansion valves (EXVs), etc.
- Develop and mature concepts and advanced designs following design creation process, iterating with the CAD and simulation teams to achieve performance targets and change management
- Interface with thermal systems to define characteristics and requirements of above-mentioned HVAC components
- Interface with interiors, vehicle integration, and other affected cross-functional teams to conduct and support packaging study for the HVAC and duct systems
- Interface with attributes team to quantify and qualify component placements and airflow characteristics
- Work closely with suppliers and CAD team in component design and assembly in CATIA V6 experience preferred
- Provide guidance and direction to the CAD team through concept, pre-production and post SOP development
- Develop engineering specs for above-mentioned HVAC products
- Develop other foundation documents including risk assessment/management, DFMEA, DVP, and Functional Safety
- Create DV (design verification) and PV (production verification) plans/procedures and coordinate physical testing to validate functionality and reliability of HVAC products per engineering documentation
- Lead technical delivery, design reviews, concept definition and resolution of HVAC products
- Manage and coordinate all BOMs (Enovia direct experience preferred) of HVAC Products, piece cost, investment cost, weight target, and part procurement for all pre-production build phases
- Ensure all designs meet Design for Manufacture (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA) standards for both internal and external manufacturing supply options
- Ensure project deliverables are clear and resources planned accordingly for green gateway accomplishment
- BSME degree with in mechanical/automotive engineering
- 3-5 years of experience related to automotive design, release, and production
- Detailed knowledge of relevant manufacturing techniques of HVACs/heat exchangers/ blower motors
- HVAC design and performance experience directly with EV’s
- High Proficiency with CAD tool (CATIA) and understanding CFD and FEA results
- Knowledge on thermal, mechanical, NVH, durability, corrosion, and electrical requirements for HVAC products
- Prior experience on Validation Process (DVPR), DV and PV testing of HVAC components is highly desired
- Proficiency in GD&T, tolerance stack-up analyses
- Prior experience on one full product cycle from concept creation to production is desired
- Ability to work and communicate effectively among cross-functional teams
- Ability to work independently and proactively in fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with electric vehicle thermal management & control protocols (LIN, CAN).
- Experience in DFM, DFA, DFMEA and PFMEA
- Dynamic attitude with desire to learn and expand your knowledge and capability
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.