Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As the Fleet Telematics Validation Lead, you will be responsible for end-to-end validation of vehicle data and cloud processing for our Rivian applications, thereby ensuring the accuracy of data that we provide to our internal and external stakeholders. Specifically, this role will lead the test case creation, validation of new telematics features/integrations, and the documentation of defects that will enable Rivian to execute on our telematics functionality and services.
This is a high impact role with meaningful cross-functional visibility as vehicle telematics data is the foundation for a wide range of our digital capabilities. A ground floor opportunity to revolutionize the Fleet Telematics segment with one of the largest connected fleet of vehicle which uploads thousands of signals in real-time.
- Ensure end-to-end data accuracy for Rivian’s commercial applications that work with vehicle and charger data by proactively executing test cases and validating new features and integrations and ensure new features launch on time and with high quality.
- Work with developers, systems engineers and product managers to create test plans, tools for requirements verification, testing automation, and product validation for end-to-end vehicle data pipeline.
- Promptly document defects, work with product management on prioritizing bugs, escalate issues to the appropriate internal/external engineering team, and verify bug fixes.
- Help the product team prioritize quality and ensure continuous, flawless deployment.
- Act as the pivotal voice of data quality to address newly discovered issues, identify launch blockers, and provide assurance that implementations have been validated prior to launch.
- 7+ years of experience testing IoT solutions ideally in the connected car industry and experience in product lifecycle, testing methodologies, and QA processes.
- Self-motivated/scrappy with the ability to dive right in, develop effective processes, and work to ensure our vehicles remain connected.
- Experience working with large datasets and finding regressions and data inconsistencies.
- Experience with data streaming platforms and time series analysis. Ability to describe data queries with common querying languages.
- Experience with Python (or similar scripting language) and strong knowledge of Public cloud offerings with high preference for AWS and CI/CD pipelines.
- Strong cross-functional experience with engineering, customer support, product management, and marketing.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or another related field.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.