Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Execute logistics analysis to identify the optimal carrier award strategies and align with the best carrier partners for Rivian. Conduct thorough analysis, including make vs. buy of packaging options to ensure Rivian is achieving the best value in how we purchase packaging and partner with suppliers who are aligned with our mission.
- Develop and execute a strategic vision for the Packaging commodity needed to support in-house manufacturing and supplier partner parts
- Create and leverage strong business and professional relationships with strategic suppliers and industry players to influence their supply chain capabilities, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Rely upon experience and best practice to develop innovative ways to manage and measure suppliers for continuous improvement
- Effectively utilize program and project management tools and techniques
- Serve as initial point of commercial escalation for commercial issues and claims: efficiently solve problems and make decisions for strategic execution and tactical issues within the relevant portfolio of projects and or processes
- Partner with Finance/Accounting to manage department budget, ensure purchase order coverage for providers, and audit carrier invoicing to ensure service is received at the agreed cost
- Effectively manage multiple competing projects and deadlines
- Motivate and collaborate within the team, across peer group, and present concisely and persuasively to executive management
- Bachelors Degree
- 5+ years relevant experience with strategic sourcing of logistics products in a complex import/export environment. Automotive and start-up experience strongly preferred
- 3+ years experience creating complex RFQ models and processing responses into succinct snapshots and recommendations for executive management
- 3+ years experience in the corporate logistics, freight forwarding, or global /domestic transportation industry
- 3+ years MS Office
- MBA or Masters Degree in related field
- Expert knowledge of industry trends (air, parcel, ground, ocean, customs brokerage), industry regulations, and best practices.
- Ability to identify compliance and regulatory risks
- Strong and clear communication skills: written, oral, and presentation
- Strong knowledge of multi-modal logistics pricing models and industry trends (air, parcel, ground, ocean, customs brokerage), industry regulations, and best practices. Ability to identify compliance and regulatory risks
- Highly organized and demonstrated ability as a strategic thinker.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, develop effective plans, coordinate change management, and see projects through to conclusion
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.