Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian is seeking a Purchasing & Operations Manager within our Furniture & Styling team. The Facilities Design team is Rivian’s in-house design team focused on the physical touchpoints of the brand, from workplace to retail to production and everything in between. Our ideal candidate is collaborative, energetic and pro-active, well-organized with a solid understanding of procurement practices and interest in the interior design industry.
This role is responsible for day-to-day project management, logistics, operations and success of projects at the project level specifically within our Production Vertical. Situated in Normal, IL, this role will require a regular cadence of days on-site at the Plant collaborating with team members across Operations, Construction, Logistics and other external vendors.
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers, vendors, and manufacturers
- Support the Design team in establishing itemized project budgets
- Partner with Rivian’s Procurement team on all FF&E procurement – assist in writing RFPs, NDAs, reviewing quotes and responses, awarding vendors,
- Partner with Rivian’s Procurement team and Accounts Payable to manage and track all POs/invoices, payment schedules through installation
- Lead management of status reports and detailed analysis across projects, prepare weekly status reports, facilitate team review meetings as necessary
- Maintain strategic inventory management plan in conjunction with Sr Design Manager of FF&E/Styling
- Communicate with main point of contact for team at consolidation warehouse to oversee goods in/out, oversee inspections of retail and vintage furnishings
- Resolve delivery or damage issues and work closely with agents/ vendors
- Optimize and coordinate transport for national and international logistics (road and sea freight) and ensure the continuous optimization of shipping
- Ensure all vendors performing installation services have current proof of insurance and contractual documentation in place as per Rivian’s Procurement team and Construction Management team
- Strategize and develop detailed, day by day project installation schedules and logistics in conjunction with project team
- Track project close out documentation, vendor completion of punch lists, order tracking of any day two items
- Work closely with our Facilities Operations team for site access, handover of close out documentation/warranty information at project completion
- 5+ years of project leadership, process management or similar project management experience in Construction, Hospitality, Retail, Interior Design, Furniture or Millwork Industry, experience with FF&E purchasing helpful
- A college degree in architecture, interior design, business management or directly related field
- Demonstrated the ability to analyze, evaluate and report on the tasks at hand
- Strong organizational and communication skills with an ability to juggle multiple projects in various phases
- A high-level of confidence and professionalism, ability to foster teamwork, and build business relationships, alignment with Rivian Core Values
- Technology driven — proficient with Microsoft Office 365 (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Knowledge of Coupa Procurement System and AutoCAD a plus
- You love solving big problems, a systems thinker with confidence managing strategic projects
- Be resourceful, innovative and proactive and have the ability to work in a team environment, under tight deadlines
- Comfortable managing 15-20 projects in various stages at any given time
- It’s essential you have a can-do attitude and willingness to dive into a varied set of tasks
- Willingness to travel at a time when it’s safe to do so (post pandemic). Anticipate 1-2wks of travel per month.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.