Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Lead, Small Works Projects, Commercial Operations will be responsible for overseeing Commercial Facilities projects, managing vendors and ensuring operational excellence for Rivian’s Commercial portfolio in North America. This includes retail, service and charging locations. In true start up fashion, some of the processes for these projects do not exist or have the opportunity for refinement as the company scales. Rivian is looking for an experienced individual, who is a self-started, collaborative, creative, highly organized, and communicative leader to champion these projects within the Commercial Operations team.
- Oversee and ensure all projects are within compliance, on schedule, budget, quality, safety and overall conformance with any contract documents
- Effectively communicate updates and feedback to the Regional Commercial Operations Managers and other stakeholders regarding project status, budget and completion
- Identify and develop strong vendor relationships while overseeing performance of these vendors and contractors
- Review vendor estimates to ensure timely and cost-effective service is provided
- Manage, partner, and plan with strategic partners to support all service providers, providing a constant stream of feedback to ensure Rivian standards are exceeded
- Support improvement and validation of project work performed
- Development and maintain strong relationships with the Construction Organization
- Chair progress meetings, complete status reports and deliver presentations as required
- Prioritize and time manage multiple projects simultaneously spanning three regions and time zones while exceeding Rivian standards for quality
- Assist as needed with ad hoc projects
- 5+ years of project management experience; construction or facilities experience preferred
- Ability to effectively solve problems and conflicts
- Ability to plan, coordinate and provide leadership in the execution of complex, fast-paced facilities projects
- Vendor management experience
- Manage multiple projects and issues effectively
- Support and provide “customer service mentality” for multiple internal stakeholders effectively
- Proven superior attention to detail
- Assess the operational effectiveness of vendors and contractors
- Self-starter who is goal oriented, highly motivated, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Develop and manage budgets within established parameters
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, negotiation, analytic, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to shift focus very quickly and adjust to rapidly changing priorities
- Strong understanding of project management methods and principles for service environments
- Proficient with MS Office tools
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50%
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.