Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian is developing a seamless digital ecosystem spanning web, mobile, vehicle, and physical infrastructure. Every customer should trust that with Rivian, their information is secure, private, and under their control. We are seeking a Senior Privacy Manager to help us build products, services, and technologies that realize this vision. This role is on the Strategy and Commercial Team and will report to Rivian’s Director of Privacy.
This is Who You Are:
An experienced privacy professional who thrives in challenging and fast-paced environments and is passionate about building privacy into cutting edge products and technology. You should be a self-starter, a team player, and a creative problem solver who is able to switch easily between detailed work and high-level strategic thinking.
This Is What You’ll Do:
In this role, you will be responsible for helping to implement a cross-disciplinary global privacy strategy that achieves Rivian’s business goals while positioning the company as a leader in data privacy. This will involve the following responsibilities:
- Set the privacy expectations for products and services within area of responsibility
- Provide strategic guidance to ensure we live up to our privacy values and commitments in every market where Rivian operates
- Work closely with product managers, engineers, external stakeholders, and other cross-functional partners to build privacy into our products and services
- Serve as a company-wide subject matter expert and trusted resource on data privacy
- Benchmark competitor positions and identify opportunities to outperform
- Partner with colleagues to track customer perceptions of Rivian’s privacy performance and identify opportunities for improved execution
- Articulate Rivian’s public messaging about privacy and data use
This Is What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8+ years of relevant experience
- Extensive knowledge of the evolving global data privacy environment with experience spotting emerging trends and new and evolving issues
- Strong leadership, relationship, problem-solving, and collaboration skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high stress, team environment
- A commitment to teamwork, collaboration, and professionalism
This Is What Would Make You Stand Out:
- CIPP or similar certification
- Experience with privacy product counseling
- Understanding of the developing automotive technology landscape and its privacy implications
- Extensive knowledge of European privacy regimes, including GDPR and the ePrivacy directive
- Demonstrated record of successful management experience, vertically and horizontally across teams
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.