Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Perform calibration and maintenance of instrumentation, test measurement, and diagnostic equipment to support the testing requirements of the team
- Work with lab logistics coordinator to schedule and maintain equipment calibration
- Instrument cells, modules, and packs for special testing.
- Occasionally travel between locations to support special instrumentation assignments
- Work with the battery assembly line to build instrumented modules/packs
- Speak up for safety issues and read across activities for actions and cases
- Serve as a resource to team on troubleshooting equipment, calibration, and measurement
- Setup and Calibration - Ensure all test equipment and associated software are functioning properly. Includes building complex test circuitry
- Participate in the design of tests and validation assessments
- Perform necessary steps to fix faulty test equipment. Troubleshoot wiring and computer problems
- Provide detailed reports documenting all findings and conclusions.
- Manage third-party resources (external labs, consultants, etc) to fulfill delegated work packages including a statement of work development, scope management, reports.
- Maintain accurate and thorough records of all procedures performed
- 2-year technical degree in the electrical or mechanical technology field
- Minimum 2 years automotive or battery experience in related field
- Familiarity with a variety of instrumentation including pressure transducers, flow gauges, thermistors, thermocouples, and strain gauges
- Demonstrated knowledge of automated battery test equipment and test methods preferred
- Experience with configuring and testing battery management circuits / systems preferred
- A wide range of experience with automotive test tools such as Vector CANoe/CANape, Tracetronic ECU-Test, Vehicle SPI required
- Prior experience working with high voltage systems preferred
- Knowledge of vehicle standards ISO15767, ISO14229, ISO13400 preferred
- Familiarity with DFSS or DRM tools (such as VOC, FMEA, 5-Why, 8-D) preferred
- High energy and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong technical communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong mechanical ability.
- ~30% Domestic and/or International Travel
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.