Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you’ll do:
- Build and support solutions for High Performance Computing (HPC) applications on Scale-Out Computing on AWS(Soca) and AWS ParallelClusters technologies.
- Build various storage technologies and solutions to manage their reliability for Computer Aided Engg(CAE) simulations applications data
- Solution and build enterprise-grade Cloud infrastructure for HPC needs, primarily with AWS products
- Support CAE application users and escalations related to infrastructure needs as required
- Use CloudFormation to automate AWS tasks and deployments
- Handle and resolve support tickets related to business requirements in AWS
- Write Python based Lambda functions to automate tasks
- Provision AWS networking, VPCs and VPN connections using Service Catalog
- Automate CI/CD processes using Git and CodePipeline tooling
- Management of Windows Server, Amazon Linux 2, Ubuntu, CentOS, and RHEL systems
- Being organized, self-driven, capable and willing to resolve issues from L1-L3 as needed
- Be part of an on-call rotation to support production Cloud systems
- Collaborate with remote IT and business team members to build and maintain positive, productive team relationships
- Develop positive relationships with the business and other functions involved in downstream technical solutions and processes
This is what you’ll need:
- 5+ years of experience in large-scale AWS environments handling solutions, automation, governance and support, preferably including HPC and CAE workloads
- 2+ years of experience with Scale-Out Computing (SOCA) and/or ParallelClusters technologies, in either Open-source or AWS deployments.
- 5+ years of experience with a broad range of AWS products including EC2, RDS, Lambda, DynamoDB, ECS, EKS, RDS, S3, SNS, SQS.
- 3+ years of experience with CloudFormation preferably, and Terraform to automate AWS tasks and deployments
- Knowledge of High-performance Compute platforms, various AWS Storage technologies, Linux administration, and scripting with Python, Bash or similar.
- Working knowledge of HPC cluster job schedulers like PBS, IBM LSF and familiarity with any CAE solvers e.g LS-DYNA, Nastran, StarCCM +, Abaqus is highly desirable.
- Hands-on experience in provisioning, managing and monitoring AWS networking, compute, governance and security solutions in AWS.
- Writing Python boto3 Lambda functions to automate tasks
- Automating CI/CD processes using Git and CodePipeline
- Some management of Windows Server, Amazon Linux 2, Ubuntu, CentOS, and RHEL systems
- Being driven, capable and willing to resolve issues from L1-L3 as needed
- Collaboration with CAE Engineering Applications and other IT teams to perform tasks, and maintain positive, productive working relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.