Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Lead and manage battery module and battery pack assembly line equipment, automation and process projects from initial concept to full scale production. Responsible for successful project execution measured in terms of cost, safety, performance and delivery schedule
- Combine innovative mechanical and controls techniques to establish new methods of assembling and testing high voltage battery assemblies.
- Ensure equipment and process compliance with applicable standards, policies, acts, regulations and codes
- Directly lead and mentor engineers. Foster an environment where individuals flourish
- Develop equipment and process specifications, assess vendor capabilities and make sourcing recommendations based on data
- Provide in depth design for manufacture (DFM) feedback to the Product Engineering team to ensure that our assembly processes are cost efficient, robust and deliver high quality results
- Solve technically complex problems using fundamental, data driven methodologies
- Lead research and development activities for new manufacturing technologies that address assembly and automation challenges
- Lead feasibility studies to aid validation of manufacturing strategies
- Partner with and manage expectations between cross functional teams to ensure stakeholder engagement and satisfaction with the engineering solutions delivered
- Develop standards and processes as a foundation for how the Manufacturing Engineering team operate
- Provide technical expertise and support to enable the Operations team to succeed including training, documentation and trouble shooting
- Identify and drive corrective actions for process quality and performance issues
- BS/MS/PhD in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics (or equivalent)
- Hands-on experience in building/troubleshooting automation systems and acquiring experimental data
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in an automated manufacturing environment
- Able to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines of multiple simultaneous projects and challenges
- Demonstrated success at planning for and project managing equipment or facility installations
- Strong problem-solving skills and aptitude for learning systems quickly
- Communicate effectively with direct team and peers within a manufacturing and engineering organization. This includes exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills
- Experience in complex electro-mechanical system design
- Experience transitioning automated systems from prototype to production
- Experience with 2D & 3D software (AutoCAD, Solidworks, and Catia)
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally as required
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.