Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you’ll do
· Coordinate and ensure proper execution on all vehicle/module SW/FW flashing, system initialization processes and functional tests on the General Assembly line
· Primary interface between the SW Development teams and Operations teams
· Interpret technical requirements from SW teams, generate and feedback ideas for manufacturing and test optimization
· Support pre-launch builds, vehicle commissioning and sustain production
· Support investigations for process issues leading to electrical/SW failures and ensure all issues are driven to resolution, including immediate mitigation and permanent solution
· Challenge assumptions that are not backed by a thorough engineering evaluation, and prioritize tasks to ensure smooth vehicle launch and new product introductions
· Provide regular, metric-based project updates to management team
This is what you’ll need:
· BS degree in electrical, software, or related engineering discipline
· 3+ years of experience in an engineering role in or closely related to manufacturing, electro-mechanical device manufacturing preferred
· Familiarity with Vector and/or Peak CAN based diagnostic tools or ability to learn quickly
· Familiarity with vehicle communication protocols (DoIP, CAN, CANFD, FlexRAY, LIN, etc)
· Familiarity with DTC, analyze testing failure to determine the root cause of failures and work with a multi-discipline team to correct them
· Experience with harness fabrication, electric diagnostics, and design for manufacturing
· Diligent at documenting issues, with a passion for process improvement and automation
· Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems and deliver technical projects
· Collaborate with multiple cross functional disciplines, including external stakeholders
· Think fast, prioritize, and make decisions that benefit Rivian as a whole
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Operations Engineering
Location: Normal, IL. Travel to other Rivian engineering and production centers as well as project related partner sites may be required.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.