Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Creative Operations team builds the operational foundations for the Brand by establishing the tools, processes, and best practices to enable success.
As Senior Manager of Digital Design Operations you'll work closely with the Director of UX and Digital Design to support a large team of designers, writers, and researchers during a period of high-growth. You'll apply your understanding of design, strategy and project management to lead our design operations. You will manage the day-to-day operation of the team including organizing the departments logistics, orchestrating design efforts with cross-functional partners, supporting internal initiatives, scheduling, weekly reporting and resource management. This role requires a highly organized self-starter who has a thorough understanding of digital platforms and a proven track record for managing complex digital projects in an iterative, fast-paced environment.
With an eye towards scalability, the ideal candidate will have proven experience in project management, developing strategic workstreams and consistently motivated to solve the challenges that come with a fast-growing company.
- Collaborate with the UX/UI leadership team to define operational properties for brand digital development, including processes, production planning, status reporting, risk management and resource management.
- Act as a bridge between the design team and the engineering, product management, and marketing teams by making sure interdependencies are understood and planned for.
- Assess and improve flows of communication from working teams up to design leadership, and outward to cross-functional partners, the executive team, and the company
- Balance a deep understanding of design process and project management methodologies to streamline how the team takes on work.
- Be the first point of contact for new projects/requests – while assessing validity of the ask by understanding project details, creative needs, targeted deadlines, and feasibility
- Collaborate with key stakeholders on defining and refining overall roadmap, milestones and delivery timing.
- Improve team and company-wide visibility into team projects.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on operations/programs.
- Assist in headcount planning and team budgeting.
- Continue to iterate on process and organizational strategy as the design team scales
- Lead communication and escalate issues to stakeholders. Identify and escalate pain points and areas for improvement in a timely and positive manager.
- Collaborate with Operational leads across the Brand team on priority and timing for tasks and projects requiring shared resources from cross-functional, cross disciplined teams.
- Hire and lead (directly and indirectly) producers, program managers and operations specialists to scale and maintain design operations.
- As needed assist in Brand projects as assigned by supervisor.
- For special projects as assigned - lead, track and communicate all project phases and deliverables from inception through final delivery
- Strong project management experience and the ability to juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment
- Deep knowledge, understanding and appreciation of the design process, design and research methods, tools, and roles
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams like engineering and product to deliver experiences, and products
- Demonstrated track record of establishing systems, and programmatic approaches to organizational challenges that are flexible in execution.
- You know how to balance long-term strategic thinking and near-term execution.
- Ability to operate effectively in ambiguity and a willingness to pivot as needed
- A collaborative spirit, especially as an expert at getting things done, all with a positive attitude
- Experience and understanding of digital production processes
- Experience with UX design, customer journey and wireframes
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.