Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Shift Manager role is critical to the success of our production operation. This role is responsible to the leadership and development of our group leaders while ensuring KPIs are met. There is a highly strategic aspect to this role as we continue to ramp our production to solve the problems of today and looking to the future as well.
- Outline Key KPI’s for stamping shop and drive continuous improvement activity to reduce changeover time, downtime, and reduce scrap and increase overall shop GSPH
- Make a critical impact as you work with plant operations and manufacturing leaders and team members, drive continuous improvements and meet and exceed quality, cost and other goals.
- Leverage your strong training and mentorship skills to manage and develop teams while also driving process improvements and serving as a change manager where needed.
- Developing departmental plans and priorities.
- Leveraging Lean Six Sigma and analytical skills to identify gaps and implement process improvements.
- Supporting managers and supervisors.
- Helping to manage and develop teams.
- Team/department performance results.
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously to support successful vehicle launches, managing plan, tasks, risks, resolution, communications and implementation.
- Coordinates resources, provides clear direction and timelines for deliverables, and delegates tasks across team.
- Manage employees and material resources to meet production targets and KPI’s.
- Meeting daily quality goals set by KPI’s.
- Ensures shop floor organization, production, safety, and department 5’s.
- Proactively and regularly develops and manages team member’s performance and capabilities, based upon company KPI’s.
- Provides leadership and training to accomplish plant/company goals and objectives.
- 7-10 years working experience in Manufacturing environment (preferably Automotive).
- 5+ years Manufacturing Supervisory Experience (preferably automotive).
- Must have good understanding of manufacturing procedures and practices.
- Experience with lean manufacturing.
- Process and detail oriented.
- Understanding of labor budgets, KPI's, and efficiency reporting.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to coach and mentor.
- Extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Experience developing departmental plans and priorities.
- Ability to control resources and policy formation.
- Computer literacy including MS Office Suite programs.
- Problem solving experience – 8D method.
- Manufacturing/assembly process experience.
- Kaizen / continuous improvement process experience.
- 6 Sigma greenbelt or blackbelt desired.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Specialized knowledge and strong experience in manufacturing operations, Experience in a high-volume environment is highly preferred.
- Experience providing leadership to managers, supervisors and/or professional staff.
- Knowledge of and experience with Lean Six Sigma and continuous improvement. Certification is an advantage.
- Ability to stand for 8-12 hours per day.
- Required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to lift and carry at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to perform all duties in a working environment that may contain dust, high noise levels, hot and cold weather.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Manufacturing Stamping Shop
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.