Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Responsible for the Battery Enclosure Systems Engineering and Legislative Compliance, focusing on the following aspects of the HV Energy Storage System (ESS)
- Lead the enclosure systems design process, analyzing pack & vehicle specifications to derive the battery pack’s mechanical system requirements.
- Cascade sub-system/component requirements specifications, validation test procedures & requirements verification traceability.
- Facilitate battery pack enclosure architecture development for new programs, alongside the Structures team
- Communicate with engineers to update/modify documentation to maintain accurate representation of deliverables; Use tracking tools such as Confluence and JIRA to capture changes.
- Ownership of all mechanical system & component requirements.
- Ownership of all legislative requirements, from cell to battery pack.
- Collaborate with the Principal DFMEA Engineer to maintain ESS enclosure system DFMEA and to drive design review processes for the battery enclosure.
- Coordinate & work with engineers across multiple disciplines to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks:
- Work alongside Battery Pack, Cell/Module and Thermal Engineers to ensure proper requirement cascade and validation processes with robust traceability.
- Work with the Battery Systems Engineering Functional Lead to accurately report out status, risks and escalation as necessary.
- Work with Rivian’s certification team to ensure all HV Battery legislative requirements are captured.
- Work with Electromechanical Design and Structures teams on requirement fulfilment, timing, simulation and design review processes.
- Experience with 3D CAE toolsets is a plus.
- 2+ years of work experience in Battery and/or Automotive industries.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline.
- Solid understanding Battery Pack Enclosure System design principals and requirements.
- Sound knowledge of all global Automotive legislative requirements.
- Previous experience in automotive product development environments.
- Previous experience launching large volume automotive HV battery systems.
- Creating the requirements from the ground up, using engineering analysis.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; reliant on core engineering principles and common sense.
- Strong communication, multitasking, and interpersonal skills, both in presentation and technical writing.
- Versed with automated requirements management tools (e.g. JAMA, Doors, etc.).
- Issue tracking tools (Jira, Bugzilla, etc.).
- Previous experience with product launches and production schedules.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.