Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
In this position you will develop underbody structures that meet all key team, customer, and regulatory requirements, while interactively work with all areas of the company to find optimal solutions meeting all department needs.
- Develop high performance body structures (Body-In-White)
- Collaborate with studio engineering to find technical solutions to achieve their visions
- Collaborate with cross functional teams and find solutions to package their components as well as help meet related performance targets and requirements.
- Meet cost, weight, and tooling investment targets for responsible parts
- Work closely with manufacturing to deliver a design that can be produced at supplier and Rivian plants
- 3+ years of structural engineering foundation (automotive OEM/supplier experience, university race team leadership role, etc.)
- Experience working through a full product lifecycle from design through launch.
- Experience working with the occupant compartment, front, mid and rear crash structures. (front/rear rail assemblies, cross members etc.)
- Experience with designs to meet durability and other related performance targets.
- Previous success working with stamped and spot-welded structures
- Hands on development with both steel and aluminum structures
- Knowledge of mixed material joining and fundamental understanding of corrosion related behavior of metals.
- Good collaborative and teamwork skills
- Desire to make an impact on the earth’s sustainability
- Curiosity to challenge convention and continuously ask “Why” and “How would I….”?
- Passion to continuously evolve and improve your own skills and capabilities
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.