Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Group Leader position is one of the most important here at Rivian. Our group leaders motive their teams to be their best and drive best practices to hit production milestones. Our team members and team leaders rely on the direction and support of their Group leaders for every shift to provide leadership and motivation.
Group Leader Responsibilities:
Specific primary responsibilities are defined by the following, but not limited to:
- Direct supervision of technicians, Team Leaders, and Team Members
- Responsible for training, developing, teaching, and evaluating employees
- Maintains a high-quality relationship with production managers regarding schedules and needed support
- Performs and teaches all processes and assignment within the department with the ability to fill in as needed
- Support and participate in pilot programs and change activities
- Monitoring and control of capital and expense spending.
- Determine team member activity including recommendation of hiring, firing, performance, wage, and salary reviews
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Plans and establishes body shop team agenda and ensures performance scheduling.
- Works with the Body Shop Manager to identify and implement processes, equipment and functional improvements to achieve operational excellence.
- Must have experience in a high-volume Body shop Manufacturing Environment
- 3-5 Experience in high-volume manufacturing environment with leadership experience; or a combination of experience and education.
- Must have experience in a high-volume Body shop Manufacturing Environment or automated process environment
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Engineering or Technical bachelor’s degree Preferred.
- Ability to stand for 8-12 hours per day.
- Required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to lift and carry at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to perform all duties in a working environment that may contain dust, high noise levels, hot and cold weather.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.