Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- The Studio Engineer will be expected to work closely with all disciplines within Rivian, to develop adventurous award-winning vehicles, which effectively integrate architecture engineering excellence into appealing creative designs
- Arbitrate and generate solutions to technically challenging areas on new product development by bringing Design and Engineering together
- Be a part of a cross-functional working team to accomplish this task. Studio engineering is responsible for leading all theme packaging development and theme feasibility for interior/exterior Class ‘A’ surface. You will be expected to work effectively within the team and be fully prepared to take command of interface issues in order to drive efficient and effective resolution
- Working within the Rivian product development system timelines, you will be expected to manage and police key legislative requirements, vehicle targets and hard points. You will be reliant on your pedigree of component and engineering experience. There is a need to keep abreast of technical developments within the automotive industry, with particular reference to the evolution of competitor products. This is a progressively-paced, highly creative and most confidential studio. There will be an expectation that the new candidate fully embraces this working ethos.
Studio engineering is responsible for leading all theme packaging development and theme feasibility for interior/exterior Class ‘A’ surface:
- This position will include creating data, benchmarking, supporting clay modeling, craftsmanship sections, master section development, SLA/SLS part creation, chairing meetings to drive feasibility, coordinating design work, and communicating design requirements to design, modeling, and CAD modeling staff.
- Specific responsibilities include: developing feasible solutions to support the vehicle theme, through experience, benchmarking and technical creativity. Developing and presenting solutions in 3D CAD data using Catia V6. Guiding Design, Surfacing and Product Development teams to provide the best solution possible for Rivian. Ensuring the Design and Surface teams are up to date with the latest technical input from Engineering, program assumption changes, and management level reviews.
- Creating and supporting the development of best practices across the organization.
- Manage information in the Enovia PLM, Catia V6 environment. Responsible for data management throughout program lifecycle, including: concept design, supplier engagement, systems requirements, simulation analysis, prototyping builds and production support.
- Engage in debate and discussions for all matters affecting design process and timing planning within your responsibility
- As an individual you should have an unusual blend of creativity, a keen eye for aesthetics and perceived quality and understand the technical limitations in order to achieve this.
- Be a champion of good, fundamental design across the entire vehicle.
- Extensive automotive product concept and component design experience on style sensitive environments
- Extensive Catia V5 or V6 capability.
- Working knowledge of domestic & global homologation, legal, safety requirements, standards and compliance.
- Working knowledge of the design and validation processes for vehicle components and systems.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing process development and tooling design
- Working knowledge of component manufacturing tooling requirements and lead times.
- Previous studio engineering or complete vehicle packaging experience would be an advantage
- Educated to degree level or equivalent within a design related engineering discipline, with relevant automotive experience.
- Travel Requirements of Position
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.