Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Equipment & Process Development
- Design and deliver portions of Paint & General Assembly production lines and processes
- Integrate new vehicle models into existing facilities
- Implement line re-rate projects
- Assist in the development of the assembly process flow, build sequence, logistics strategies, equipment and tooling specifications for Paint & General Assembly
- Partner with Operations teams to ensure a successful ramp and long-term production at our facilities
- In-house development of workstations, manufacturing equipment and fixtures
- Develop equipment qualification including correlation, process capability (CP/CPK) and Gage Repeatability / Reproducibility (GR&R)
- Support the management of equipment suppliers / partners during specification, design, buyoff, installation, commissioning and ramp up
- Provide input into the continuous evolution of Rivian equipment standards
- Ensure achievement of safety, quality, cost, timing & performance targets
- Provide regular, metric-based project updates to the management team.
- Challenge assumptions that are not backed up by a thorough engineering evaluation.
- Conduct manufacturing feasibility studies and feedback to our Product Engineering team
- Provide input into the continuous evolution of Rivian Design for Manufacture (DFM) standards
- Participate in early prototype builds to validate manufacturability
- Be part of a world-class engineering team, with a focus on high quality work and rapid project deployment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar technical field.
- 5+ years of experience in an engineering role related to automated equipment or manufacturing processes
- Experience optimizing existing processes for rate, yield, availability
- Knowledge of manufacturing and processing principles (cycle time analysis, quality control, equipment efficiency, equipment selection, return on investment, error proofing, ergonomics, material logistics)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively solve difficult technical problems
- Ability to work independently with limited guidance.
- Capable of working as a member of a team across several cross functional disciplines, including with external stakeholders.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in both 2D & 3D CAD environments
- Knowledge of robot automation cells
- Knowledge of conveyors & controls automation
- Experience with Pre-treatment & E-coat process
- Chemistry knowledge
- An understanding of fluid dynamics
- An understanding of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.