Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you’ll do:
- Lead, grow, and develop a team of core engineers to complete key engineering related program deliverables such as DFMEA’s, Requirements, and campaign prevention.
- Decompose new vehicle level functional requirements into Sub-System, Component, and Material level requirements through the JAMA software.
- Ensure Sub-System, Component, and Material failure modes cascade and align through the Plato software.
- Lead Body Interior Technology Academy through facilitation with Technical Specialists.
- Facilitate Interior Rivian Design Specifications with Technical Specialists to ensure a uniform methodology.
- Interface with Functional Engineering and Integration Leads (within Interior and Cross-Functionally) and develop lessons learned to prevent recurrence.
- Develop and teach common interior engineering disciplines and ensure consistent use of these disciplines in all programs.
- Approve and maintain standard Quality Documents.
- Engage with Rivian centralized systems engineering team to utilize standard Rivian practices and procedures.
- Assist in troubleshooting issues found during physical validation testing.
- Develop and maintain Interior Best Practices: Design Standards, Test Procedures, Technical Specifications, etc.
- Lead collaborative problem-solving including interfaces with non-interior teams.
this is what you’ll need:
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible engineering experience with demonstrated success
- Drive for engineering disciplines in the product development process
- Strong understanding of the first-principle physics & requirements of Automotive Interiors
- Ability to self-direct and adapt quickly to program changes
- Working knowledge of regulatory and certification requirements
- Ability to communicate clearly to a broad audience through verbal and written methods
- A deep passion and Innate Curiosity for continuous improvement
- Proficiency with standard Microsoft Office software and use of database software
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Body Interior
Location: Irvine, California
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.