Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- HVAC CAD concept creation and change management for HVAC assemblies in 3D CAD in a PLM system
- Manage and lead small to medium teams to design and develop the powertrain system of electric vehicles
- Develop and mature concepts and advanced designs following design creation process
- Establish CAD design team for task priority and CAD processes and methods
- Manage the assembly 3D CAD structure and components, work with engineers to approve design
- Work with cross functional team to ensure the HVAC package is sufficient for performance and function
- Provide documentation on design for manufacturing, service studies, injection feasibility, and assembly
- Create professional drawings using CAD software in PLM system with tolerances and GD&T
- Work with and iterate CAD designs based on CFD feedback for performance targets
- Development of 3D CAD and drawings of HVAC components and assemblies from concept to production
- Coordinate and participate in design reviews
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8+ years of relevant experience
- Associates degree or 9+ years of equivalent experience in Computer Aided Design
- Experience and ability to create complex models of plastic injection molding and HVAC component design
- The ability to work effectively in a cross functional group setting
- Expertise in the following areas: HVAC performance and specifications, 3D CAD creation in CATIA, 2D Drawing creation from 3D CAD, 2D Drawing dimensioning and tolerancing, 2D GD&T application
- The ability to work independently, and to coach and mentor others
- An understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing and how to apply it to HVAC assemblies
- An understanding of HVAC performance, design inputs, design standards, and CFD collaboration
- Dynamic attitude with desire to learn and expand your knowledge and capability
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.