Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
In this position you will develop battery structure components that meet all key team, customer, and government requirements, while interactively working with all areas of the company to find optimal solutions meeting all department needs.
- Lead the development of battery structure components for a specific Rivian Program
- Control and calculate cost, weight, and tooling investment of responsible parts
- Work closely with manufacturing to deliver a design that can be produced at supplier and Rivian factory
- Create, document and sign off engineering release documents (such as 2D drawings, Critical Function Document, DVP)
- Manage program specific timing, DFMEA and DVP action items.
- Work with cross-functional stake holders to develop engineering solutions that meet requirements for vehicle crash, durability, and NVH.
- Work closely with battery engineering and manufacturing teams to develop solutions for meeting Pack EMC, grounding, venting, pack sealing and thermal energy management to achieve world class pack energy density
- Support early component development by creating and executing Proof of Concept to showcase component performance.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience as a Mechanical Design Engineer owning a component such as (battery enclosure/structure, chassis subframe, motor/inverter housing, and/or body structure components)
- Experience with developing a solution for complex cross-functional engineering problems (sealing, EMC shielding, structural durability, crashing performance)
- Experience in component, subsystem testing working with suppliers is considered a plus.
- Strong structural engineering foundation (automotive OEM/supplier experience, university race team leadership role, etc.)
- Good collaborative and teamwork skills
- Desire to make an impact on the earth’s sustainability
- Curiosity to challenge convention and continuously ask “Why” and “How would I….”?
- Passion to continuously evolve and improve your own skills and capabilities
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.