Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Senior Manager, Regional Field Service will be responsible for regional service strategy and overdelivering on the customer experience at our service locations. This role will require establishment of high standards of performance and operational excellence, as well as management of regional operations. Areas requiring direct oversight by this role will include vendor management, risk management and mitigation. This role is field-based and will require travel throughout the region. The ideal candidate will have proven success in managing high performing teams across a regional or national footprint.
This role will require a dynamic and resourceful leader with excellent communications skills, who will foster cross functional interaction and champion a culture of continuous improvement across the organization. Demonstrated leadership in the region for day-to-day management of high performing, high profile service centers in a dynamic environment. This role will require extensive traveling, operational excellence, creative and data-driven problem solving. This role will also serve as the liaison between regional service centers and HQ based teams for the purpose of training, process standardization, continuous improvement and escalations.
· Build and develop a high-impact team of customer-facing professionals (technicians, service advisors, detailers, and parts advisors), capable of maintaining regional service centers in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
· Lead and manage local operations on the ground with a servant-leadership, hands-on mindset
· Execute launch strategy for new service locations in region
· Execute on deliverables, milestone reports, open action items and risk mitigation plans
· Support and implement regional service and parts plans and initiatives
· Lead and drive quality and improvement in the region to deliver on all key performance indicators
· Be a highly effective steward of company resources
· Manage operational execution and ensure brand standards are met in accordance with company policies
· Responsible for operational excellence in the region
· Promote an environment of personal growth and accountability
· Manage complex field challenges and collaborate with SME’s
· Manage your regional book of business including but not limited to P&L responsibility and customer satisfaction metrics.
· Collaborate and partner with cross functional teams regularly to implement, support and continuously improve field service operations and organizational goals
· Maintain market policy awareness and business development strategy as needed for the territory assigned.
· Build a Rivian culture that is inclusive, and maintain high levels of team morale
· 10+ years of experience in automotive, OEM, tier 1, and/or technical field, with emphasis in engineering, quality, service, operations, and supply chain
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent field experience
· Experience in leading teams in an automotive, high tech or similar environment
· Proven success in driving service requirements in a matrix organization
· Must possess a valid driver’s license, with a clean driving record
· Experience managing multiple projects across varying geographic locations simultaneously
· Broad experience defining, launching, and driving strategic process redesign initiatives to improve internal and external processes and operations, working closely with cross-functional teams and stakeholders in a technology environment
· Experience in a startup environment and scaling teams is a plus
· Ability to travel up to 65%
· Strong written and communications skills
· High attention to detail
· Strong bias for action
· Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 virus (proof required)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.