Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Work upfront in the design process to develop and assess feasibility of design targets for key vehicle sub-systems (body, drive unit, battery & trim components).
- Cross-functional development and documentation of assembly datum schemes to ensure robust product manufacture.
- Perform part and assembly tolerance stack analysis and provide feedback to product and manufacturing engineering team.
- Development of key product maturation tools to be used in conjunction with quality loops to drive towards product excellence during new product introduction.
- Definition, procurement and commissioning of lab-based and in-production line metrology tools for accurate and repeatable characterization of key product and process specifications.
- Oversee measurement routines to ensure acceptance into the Rivian Measurement Reporting System.
- Develop reports and work with Factory Data Operations to produce dashboards to visualize metrology data in insightful ways.
- Root Cause launch issues in a data driven way.
- Participate in Virtual and production Build events.
- BS or higher in engineering
- 3 or more years of experience
- CAD and or GD&T knowledge, CATIA preferred.
- Passion for problem solving with the ability to methodically root cause issues by following a first principles approach.
- Ability to make data driven decisions and demonstrate good analytical skills
- Good knowledge of statistics, experience of qualifying measurement equipment via gauge repeatability and reproducibility and correlating different instruments preferred.
- Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to collaboratively work with and influence cross-functional departments both internally and externally.
- Energy & curiosity to make things happen, seek out solutions and represent a world class brand.
- Willingness to travel, especially during times of peak demand
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.