Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Lead the design, build, and launch pilot manufacturing lines for body assembly, general assembly, drive unit assembly and battery assembly
- Drive engineering design and manufacturing process changes to guarantee proper execution
- Development of pilot build equipment and processes that inform future production process implementation
- Supports planning, control, training, coordination, and technical support on pilot build equipment and processes
- Oversee and troubleshoot initial prototype builds
- Use root cause analysis to solve complex manufacturing and quality issues encompassing multiple variables.
- Design, fabricate, and maintain tooling for assembly and fabrication equipment.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment, collaborating with cross functional teams to ensure workplace standards are met
- Ideal candidates would have a bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar, plus 5+ years of experience in a production or prototype environment.
- Demonstrated technical depth in Manufacturing Engineering and/or Product Development
- Technical expertise in process development and equipment design.
- Experience working in 3D CAD design, detailed drawing creation, and coordinating with outside suppliers
- Experience developing and maintaining manufacturing execution systems (MES)
- Demonstrated experience applying design for manufacturing (DFM) principles in a product development environment
- In depth knowledge of a wide range of manufacturing processes
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the times and willing to relocate to other Rivian facilities in the future
- Strong communication skills
Where You Will Work
- Department: Manufacturing Engineering
- Location: Plymouth, Michigan (Would need to relocate to SoCal/Normal, IL in the future TBD)
- Travel as required to other Rivian engineering and production centers
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. Our mission manifests itself in the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build and the curious, courageous souls who make up our team.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.