Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Technical Security Project Manager will be responsible for managing the entire lifecycle of new and day-two physical security infrastructure projects. You’ll mitigate risk through the use of bleeding-edge physical security technology and deploy painless, efficient, and innovative solutions that protect our people, places, and things. While no two days will end up looking the same, generally speaking you’ll be responsible for the following things:
- Coordinate with cross-functional business partners, systems integrators, and vendors to define and manage the entire lifecycle of our physical security infrastructure projects, including, but not limited to, site selection/assessments, physical security system design, scope, scheduling, cost, installation, testing, and commissioning
- Review, develop, and publish physical security infrastructure design packages, including floor plans, device location drawings, wiring diagrams, bill of materials (BOM), programming sheets, network diagrams, elevation drawings, power load calculations, and as-built drawings
- Foster close collaboration with partners in Security Operations, Real Estate, Construction, Design, IT, Commercial, Workplace, and Manufacturing teams to identify, understand, and mitigate risk with physical security technology
- Test and commission new security systems devices and inspect installations for quality assurance
- Assess physical security implementations and make risk-based recommendations that consider impact on business operations, system architecture, corporate culture, and employee workflows
- Maintain documentation throughout project lifecycle and prepare reports for security leadership and key business partners
Some teams have strict requirements about certifications, degrees, and things like that. Not us! We’re more interested in the unique perspectives and expertise you’ll bring to the team, rather than acronyms on your resume. However, you’ll be much more likely to be successful in this role if these bullet points seem like a good description of you:
- You’ve been a technical security project manager for a while now, probably in the realm of 5+ years
- Deploying security infrastructure across a wide and deep portfolio doesn’t faze you
- You can secure everything from a robot in the middle of the plant to a repurposed historic movie theater on the PCH
- You’re a designer at heart. You’re really good at securing facilities; you’re arguably better at making it frictionless and invincible
- You frequently get praise from your peers and coworkers about your communication skills, both written and verbal
- You have effective methods to handle stress and pressure, even in high intensity or emotionally charged situations and environments
- You love to travel; always eager to jump at your next adventure
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.