Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
In this position, you'll help drive successful launch and sustainment of production test equipment for Rivian in house designed control units.
- A blend of Test Engineering and Manufacturing, you’ll be at the heart of the production launch process.
- Establish production testing specifications for feasibility and scalability.
- Work with main stake holders in the completion of PFMEA, PPAP; and optimize testing processes for volume manufacturing.
- Push electronic modules through from LRIP to High Volume with the contract manufacturer and at the Rivian vehicle assembly plant.
- Proactively Identify high risk areas in production and engineering design cycle.
- Work with contract manufacturers to perform DFT analysis and optimize at all levels.
- Identify, root cause and track issues and work with Design Engineers on necessary design changes through the production and vehicle launch process.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability.
- 5+ years experience in the development, build and commissioning of test equipment for electronic modules; including development of ICT and EOL testers and programming stations.
- 5+ years experience in HW cloud data products and storage data array for cloud companies such as aws or others.
- Experience with Controller Area Network (CAN) and TCP/IP communications.
- Experience in the development, implementation and sustainment of test procedures.
- Experience supporting automated test equipment in manufacturing environments
- Experience with production testing capacity analysis (installed vs planned capacity, OEE, etc)
- Experience in the Failure Analysis of Electronic Modules.
- Forward Thinking – Providing inputs on new or alternative and improved manufacturing test methods.
- Ability to lead and sustain supplier manufacturing test process to the higher standards.
- Ability to travel as needed to CM locations.
- Ability to work and communicate with cross functional teams.
- Strong team player, drive to exceed expectations and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and create clarity, oversee multiple projects and make them better.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Minimum 50% of travel to CMs
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.