Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Pilot Manufacturing Engineering team is responsible for all the equipment and process that executes the prototype builds of Rivian’s products to generate test assets for product validation and process concept validation. This entails close collaboration with the production manufacturing engineering teams to scale down the production intent process to support the lower volume, shorter lead time requirements of a pilot build. As one of our Technical Program Managers, you will oversee these prototype builds from concept through execution, including conceptualization, design, procurement, installation, commissioning, and use of all equipment and process. This role specifically supports the Body Assembly process.
- Work with the cross-functional team to build a comprehensive plan for the project, highlighting the critical path. Track actual progress against the plan. Plan covers all aspects - scope, cost, timing.
- Highlight and actively troubleshoot risks or misses against the plan.
- Build and improve project execution tools and processes.
- Actively cultivate Rivian company culture within the Manufacturing Engineering team.
- Help fill organizational gaps to keep the critical path on track. Examples include:
- Analyzing data to inform a prioritization or problem-solving activity
- Managing equipment suppliers or installation contractors
- Facilitating tactical stand-ups or problem-solving activity
- Understanding technical decisions and drawing connections between groups
- 8+ years executing low volume, semi-automated manufacturing of large sheet metal or mixed material assemblies.
- Interest and demonstrated proficiency in facilitating cross-functional teams. We will consider senior roles for candidates with significant program management experience.
- Familiarity with a standard product development process and common tools such as D/PFMEA, DV/PV testing, PPAP, etc.
- Experience managing 3rd party resources such as contractors, skilled tradespeople, or suppliers.
- BS in an engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical or Industrial.
- Highly collaborative mindset and strong communication skills
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.