Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian’s Sales and Marketing organization is a growing part of the Commercial business, on a mission to build memorable customer experiences at every touchpoint. We aim to think critically about meaningfully building a community around Rivian’s desire to Keep the World Adventurous forever, while supporting the full customer journey through ownership and beyond. Customer Engagement is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful moments that our customers will love. We strive to understand and predict our customers' needs, behaviors, and emotions and to gather insights that inform our experiential design, products, and the digital tools that we integrate throughout their interactions with our brand. The team Voice of Customer will play a critical role in the Commercial organization, embedding customer feedback at the heart of Rivian’s operations and bringing the key customer’s voice to life for our teams. We are looking for a scrappy operator with strong experience in customer research to support the Head of Rivian Voice of Customer in building out this crucial capability.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Support the Head, Rivian Voice of Customer to build the capabilities for the team to become the objective source of customer feedback and embedding it at the heart of Rivian’s operations while building actionable narratives for internal Rivian teams to leverage. This team will synthesize customer data (gathered both digitally and in person) to identify customer sentiment and themes that arise across the Rivian community. This work will guide the way we personalize the customer’s experience, engage them, and innovate on their behalf. Their work product will represent the voice of the customer, providing unfiltered customer feedback on our products, services, and experiences. In addition to gathering/assessing customer satisfaction in new ways, this team will also set up processes for field teams to gather learnings when we meet customers in person. Key partners you’ll collaborate with throughout this process include: Adventure Products, Brand, Charging, Commercial Analytics, Commercial Learning & Development, Communications, Customer Service, Delivery & Field Operations, Digital Commerce, Finance, Marketing, Quality, Spaces, and Vehicle Service. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the synthesis of customer insights based on Rivian’s closed loop service and product feedback mechanisms, inbound calls and emails, social media as well as Rivian driven research studies
- In cooperation with the Commercial Analytics team develop and align definitions of all customer satisfaction metrics and data collection methodologies to ensure data integrity
- Develop the approach to understand customers behavior across their journey in cooperation with the Marketing to tailor communication and experiences to maximize customer satisfaction
- Support the development and administration of the bottom up and closed loop customer feedback system
- Administer the collection and analysis of top-down customer experience metrics in cooperation with Product, Quality and other Rivian stakeholders
- Lead the execution of double blinded research studies as well as the sourcing and synthesis of third-party customer research to establish benchmarks for customer satisfaction and experience
- Manage an internal process to support customer research and focus groups requests
- Synthesize insights from all inbound customer interaction through phone and digital channels
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- An innovative, customer-centric, and getting-things-done mindset and approach to building programs and capabilities
- Strong marketing science, customer research, or statistics background
- 7+ years of experience in customer/consumer data analytics and insights, and/or consulting
- Proven ability to tell compelling stories through data
- Experience supporting the product development process
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written
- CSAT/NPS experience a plus
- EV, tech, and/or startup experience advantageous, but not required
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.