Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Customer Engagement is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful moments that our customers will love. We strive to understand and anticipate our customers' needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform our products, experiential design, communal space design, and the digital tools that we integrate throughout their interactions with our brand. In this position, you will drive all operational aspects of the new West Coast Rivian Customer Engagement Center (CEC), providing daily sales and general support to our customers. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include operations management, people management, data analysis, and process improvements. You will partner regularly with the Customer Engagement Strategy and Planning, vehicle finance, insurance, title and registrations, charging, and vehicle service teams. This role will report to the Senior Director of Customer Engagement, sitting within the Sales and Marketing organization.
This Is What You'll Do:
- Build a strong workplace culture focused on employee development and customer satisfaction.
- Manage daily operations of the Irvine, CA contact center supporting multiple countries and time zones.
- Assist in the development and drive delivery of all targeted business plan metrics.
- Build out a customer support playbook to scale the operation.
- Leverage all collaboration tools available (e.g., Salesforce, Amazon Connect, Calabrio) within the servicing environment and adapt leadership styles to coach and support all levels within the CEC.
- Evaluate team/employee performance with key metrics (Quality, First Contact Resolution) and review staff performance to identify training needs.
- Manage staffing plan, including shift patterns, and the number of staff required to meet demand.
- Supervise department staff, including hiring, training, mentoring, coaching, and evaluating performance.
- Build out quality assurance processes and work with training teams to ensure that agents have the training, scripting, resources, and tools necessary to meet customer expectations.
- Collect, analyze and present trends, metrics, KPIs and other data points (in visually appealing reports and dashboards).
- Assist in developing and implementing future contact center vision and strategy.
- Support the synthesis of data for insights and recommendations for the broader business, based on trends in customer data.
- Support executive escalations and senior leadership support.
- Provide oversight to customer service-related social media management.
- Own Quality Assurance of all customer support processes, along with customer satisfaction scores.
- Manage CEC P&L development and tracking.
- Collaborate with Learning and Development (L&D) to ensure all customer touch points reflect Rivian’s mission and values.
- Develop KPIs and QA evaluation protocols for tracking and improving internal training processes.
- Collaborate with L&D to ensure our training program is consistent, replicable, and scalable as the Customer Experience org grows.
This Is What You'll Need:
- 6+ years' experience in Contact Center/Customer Service operations and 6+ years in people management.
- CRM experience (Salesforce, Zendesk, Amazon Connect, etc.).
- Understanding of automotive or technology industry a plus.
- Love for people and commitment to taking every opportunity to overdeliver when it comes to delighting and interacting with our community through customer service channels.
- Excellent grammar/proofreading skills.
- Someone who happily embraces the pace and pressure of building a company from the ground up.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time.
- Great judgement.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.