Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian’s Commercial Technology Team is responsible for the end-to-end implementation of the digital experience outside the vehicle (e.g. vehicle configurator, customer identity and access management, payment gateway, vehicle delivery management, service scheduling) across web, mobile app and in-store. To that end, we are developing a world-class commerce platform that will make learning about, purchasing and owning electric adventure vehicles intuitive, seamless and fun.
We are seeking Senior Software Engineers for the Identity and Access Management team of the Commercial Technology platform. They will be responsible for building out Rivian’s in-house Identity and Access Management System (IDMS) that underpins all of Rivian’s digital commerce experiences and all interactions with Rivian vehicles.
What You'll Do:
- Partner closely with product and partner engineering teams to provide solutions and recommendations – ability to create requirements out of ambiguity and articulate broadly applicable solutions.
- Develop and deploy lightweight modern serverless services
- Design, extend and review software architecture – be hands on and involved with every level of the development lifecycle, including gathering product requirements.
- Collaborate and work in an Agile Model.
- Review and improve existing codes and applications
- Think “outside of the box” and find efficient ways to translate high-level visions to concrete tools and applications
- Development using Test-driven development (TDD) process.
- Build high quality, testable, and scalable backend systems including REST APIs, batch jobs, and system integration.
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience and at least 2+ years of relevant industry experience, preferably building enterprise grade systems.
- Experience building distributed and scalable
- Experience developing API’s with the care that they deserve – REST with OpenApi/Swagger.
- Experience and familiarity with cloud-native architecture, development and deployment practices, preferably with AWS
- Extensive experience with AWS services common to serverless architectures (AWS Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, IAM, Cognito etc.)
- Experience working within a distributed team and project management in Github, Jira
- Excellent written communication skills ( Confluence, Sharepoint)
- Experience with backend development including Python, APIs, Web Services, etc.
- Knowledge of IAM technologies including SSO, OAuth2, , Fine Grained access control, RBAC, SSO would be a plus
- Strong technical background in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technology field.
Department: Commercial Technology
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.