Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
At Rivian, we’re reimagining what mobility can be. Beyond redesigning the automobile, we’re rethinking the entire ecosystem. From excitement to sustainability, utility to comfort, we’re working to deliver joyful mobility experiences without the pain points of today.
Our diverse team shares an innate curiosity for the world, a willingness to see things differently, and a passion for getting things done. We never stand still in our pursuit of progress, and we’re looking for the best and brightest talent to accelerate our vision toward future mobility.
- Plan, create and maintain complex software schedules for multiple programs
- Create and execute work streams for Agile SW development teams based on program needs
- Collaborate with different engineering managers, technical leads and developers in establishing agile processes that meets the team and programs needs
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders like Hardware, Software, Test and vendors in identifying team’s dependencies and effectively removing bottlenecks
- Anticipate and identify risks, develop actionable mitigation strategies that sets up the team for success
- Provide strong leadership by reframing problems when the team is faced with ambiguity, obstacles/deadlocks and steer them towards solving prioritized problems
- Expertly manage stakeholder expectations for both technical and non-technical issues, when the team encounters challenging issues or obstacles
- Take keen interest in product requirements and pay close attention to details when planning projects
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering, Electrical engineering or other related technical fields
- 5+ years (preferred) of experience in Technical or Engineering program management or engineering leadership roles
- 3+ years (preferred) of hands-on software development experience for embedded systems or wireless products
- Excellent critical thinking and experienced in handling trade-offs
- Technical knowledge of software architectures for Linux based embedded systems and electronic hardware
- Proven leader who can take full ownership with proactive attitude
- Excellent communication, organization and collaborative skills
- Expert in agile processes and running SW teams using JIRA, Confluence and other program management tools
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.