Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Lead development and integration of crash safety software/electrical features
- Influence Electrical Routing & Layout to align with safety goals.
- A strong ability to collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams
- Communicate issues affecting vehicle safety in high/low voltage systems & interfaces to other systems
- Occasional visits to crash test facilities offsite to evaluate electrical/firmware performance post-test
- Communicate post-test observations, data analysis & performance results.
- Stay current on battery and electric vehicle crash protection technologies.
- Communicate results and recommendations to design teams.
- 5+ years of experience in high/low voltage battery to electric vehicle integration, preferred but not necessary
- Comfortable in fast paced environment with on the fly problem solving ability
- Familiarity w/ CAN, LIN, Ethernet protocols and relevant tooling
- Candidate should possess strong troubleshooting skills in hands-on role
- Familiarity with a multimeter, oscilloscope, and comfortable working in an HV environment
- Strong background in Firmware development necessary
- Experience software scripting in Phyton a huge bonus
- In-depth experience with integrating high voltage systems in vehicle
- Familiarity with vehicle high/low voltage design standards (e.g. FMVSS 305, ECE-R100 and SAE J1766), high voltage components, connectors, inverters, converters, chargers, auxiliaries and motors a plus.
- Familiarity with automotive safety analysis.
- FuSa (Functional Safety) familiarity; bonus if candidate is formally ISO-26262 certified/trained
- Demonstrable resourcefulness, technical knowledge, analytical capability, and communication skills
- A self-starter with high levels of initiative and innovation
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree (preferred) in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Science/Physics.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.