Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist becomes a conduit of support and fosters inter-department communications to protect our people and the environment. The position drives and supports engagement through communication and educates team members on protection of the environment and to ensure a safe and healthy workplace for our people. In addition, the position supports and drives continuous improvement of our environmental programs across multiple sites and works with team members to identify solutions to a range of EHS opportunities.
The ideal candidate is able to leverage interpersonal skills in problem solving, “EQ”, including the ability to influence others from various backgrounds that do not report to you. Ability to track and coordinate multiple projects, through various stages, to completion is vital as this person will learn and work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Engage and guide others to protect the environment.
- Communicate across groups and teams with diverse backgrounds and focuses.
- Collaboratively support and coordinate environmental site reviews and environmental remediation plans.
- Organize and compile data to track key performance metrics.
- Ensure compliance with applicable local, state, and federal environmental regulations.
- Understand and influence human behaviors utilizing data and research.
- Provide analysis and insight on environmental concerns.
- Support in creating, implementing, and streamlining environmental management programs and processes.
- Limited travel to various sites in the US.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Working Hours: 1st shift, full time.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Environmental Sciences, Geology, Engineering, etc.
- 1-3 years experience in environmental project, consultancy coordination
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Smartsheets, Tableau products.
- Must be able to travel up to 15%.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.