Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Join a team developing next generation battery cells for Rivian!
- Own process/equipment within the Formation Cell Manufacturing Engineering team
- Own Power tray Power Electronics and OCV DCIR Tooling and firmware
- Work with cell team on formation related issues in production, work with team to assess path forward
- Collaborate with various teams including design, quality, production to deliver ideal manufacturing solutions
- Work with external and internal equipment suppliers to deliver manufacturing line
- Support software engineers who develop algorithms and application code for embedded controller
- The Staff Power Electronics Engineer will be responsible for development of high-power electrical circuits such as inverters and DCDC converters
- Work with process development team to deliver in-line power electronic solutions for formation processes
- Identify and troubleshoot power electronics issues associated with equipment/tools
- Strong academic background and/or experience in the testing and analysis of EE components, printed circuit board assemblies (PCBAs), energy storage sub-systems and batteries
- Bachelor/Masters/PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, or similar technical field
- 3+ years of power electronics experience in manufacturing engineering
- Able to work as a team and independently.
- Be well versed in energy storage systems with experience in utility savings
- Experience with Power electronics, ASRS, battery cycling.
- Experience in high-speed automation, mechanical design (CAD) and data collection (MES)
- Highly data driven; familiar with statistics fundamentals and software suites to enable data driven decision
- Proven ability to scale process/equipment from lab to high volume
- Experience in manufacturing engineering and production challenges
- Experience in designing and troubleshooting with AC/DC, DC/DC converters, high power electronics, contact probes, high precision electrical measurement and understanding the longevity/cycle life of the electronic/mechanical parts
- Experience in energy recovery solutions and energy storage system for high power consumption equipment
- Ability to follow through and make significant progress in a fast pace, demanding, dynamic environment
- Knowledgeable in high and low volume manufacturing (proto-typing, OEE, equipment selection, DFM, 8D, CAD)
- Critical problem-solving skills: ability to ask the right people, the right questions at the right time in the right way
- Detail oriented: ability to become subject matter expert in order to make informed decisions
- Curiosity: demonstrate level of interest that enables inventiveness
- Execution: demonstrate that follow through is given as much attention as problem solving
- Capable of working as a member of a team across several cross functional disciplines, including product design, quality, construction, production, supply chain, controls, external vendors etc.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.